Getting started means accessing the level of services that are required such as, cost of drafting and all the associated services are dependent upon your project site constraints, project type, development of client project concept.
Simply put, some sites and projects are more straight forward than others. Our customer focused service, plus experienced professionalism and creativity, sets the platform for successful project outcomes.
As members of Building Design Association of Victoria with over 20 years’ experience in building and design provides the experience to ensure project designs and solutions match our clients project needs and dreams.
Our role is to assist to assemble your ideas and needs for your project in an informed and organised managed process. We then apply ourselves to delivering a creative architectural design to match your brief.
We employ and provide computer generated AutoCad designs and associated tools for all our drafting to ensure a fully professional drafting result.
Our personal service integrates our creative drafting and building services processes into a “one-stop package”.
With the need to comply to a significant array of title, covenants, 173 Agreement, Design panel’s plus council planning and government requirements and regulations ensures that no two projects are the same. Therefore, each project is site and design specific to achieve not only our clients brief but comply to current building and council regulations which are constantly changing.
SUMMARY DESIGN & DRAFTING PROCESS
- Initial Briefing and Project brief development and quotation.
- Review of Property and Council overlays
- Getting Started – briefing process to assemble our clients’ needs and requirements, establish time frames and finalise style and design.
- Concept Development including Initial Design and Drafting and client response
- Design Development
- Arrange and complete other Building service areas such as Planning and other Council Approvals (if applicable), Geotechnical Reports, Surveying, Engineering, Energy Rating, Interior design (if applicable) to finalise formal working drawings.
- Finalize working drawings and assist (if required) with obtaining Building Permits. Note: Government now requires owners to determine what building surveyor can be chosen to assist and ensure best build outcomes for owners.
HOW TO MOVE FORWARD
Free in-office design consultations are offered.
Give us a call today to arrange a free consultation in our offices to discuss your project. We should be able to reasonably access your project focus and advise general drafting and permit costs and timelines to allow you to consider your options Note: subject to specific site constraints known.
Ring: (BH) 9769 3517 during office hours to arrange an appointment.
On Site Design Consultation Service:
This valuable design consultation service is for those clients “early in the process” of considering your development options, design and budgets. Aimed to provide experienced advice on site and project options by which to develop your project ideas and budgets. This is not a sales consultation.
We should be able to assist with design options, provide information relating to normal government planning and building codes and often provide plan and permits estimates. Note: We are not builders so we do not provide building cost estimates.
Our fee for this service is $220 (if within 10km of our offices). Time allocated will depend upon your requirements but generally approx. 1-hour minimum.
Your Initial Preparation
Decide what style, materials, and usage for your project you are seeking and we can work with you from there.Please ensure copy of your full house plans and other building plans, titles, any site agreements are available for us to review.